Thursday, July 16, 2009

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

When I can't get to Inta Juice, this is the smoothie I make for my kids. They love it and it's super easy!

1-2 large bananas (the more ripe they are, the better)
16 oz. strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 8 oz. carton of strawberry yogurt
2 T. honey
ice to taste (use as little as possible for best flavor)

If it's at all possible, I use frozen strawberries. The more frozen fruit you blend up, the less ice you will need. I find that if I can avoid ice altogether by freezing my berries and even banana chunks in advance, my smoothie turns out the best. I've been known to cut up fresh strawberries and freeze them for smoothies the next day. And you can freeze over-ripe bananas any time and save them for smoothie day, too. Prepackaged strawberries work well in this recipe too, and I use those when fresh strawberries are expensive or hard to come by. Honey is the secret ingredient... don't skimp on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment